Coordinator, ACB Excel Program
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. SF enrolls over 16,000 students each semester, retains and completes over 60% of students every academic year, while over 10% transfer into the University system.
Santa Fe College is seeking a Coordinator for its ACB Excel Program. The position is responsible for the overall operational management of ACB Excel including program development, implementation, and assessment, as well as with the participants’ application process. The qualified candidate will work closely with families participating in ACB Excel to help remove barriers and identify resources to support successful completion. The Coordinator will also work with community and business partners to identify needs for the creation of additional ACB certificate programs. The Coordinator will provide in-person support for all classes of ACB Excel, which may include a variety of tasks from sourcing of food items and training materials to supervising educational and child care programs. This position does require a flexible work schedule that may include nights and weekends to accommodate participation in a variety of community and business development activities and support for the ACB Excel programs.
- Responsibilities and Duties
- Be actively engaged in the local business community and work with industry partners to identify needs and opportunities for new programs and to ensure there is strong community support for the program.
- Assist in the planning and creation of new certification programs.
- Market the program through the distribution of information and applications.
- Coordinate the student application process and assist with the selection of students and families.
- Provides support for and exhibits sensitivity toward program participants.
- Provide in-person support for the classes of the program including ordering dinner, taking attendance, supporting guest speakers, assist with staff.
- Oversees and assists with the maintenance and monitoring of recordkeeping to ensure an efficient system of tracking that facilitates program planning and evaluation.
- Work with local business partners to employ program completers.
- Complete duties and project responsibilities in compliance with college and federal standards, policies, and guidelines.
- Allocates resources towards achievement of project objectives and administers budget.
- Supervises, trains, empowers, and evaluates staff. Works with staff to identify strengths and provide professional development responding to individual goals in alignment with the project mission.
- Strictly honors the privacy, security and confidentiality of program participant records and other sensitive information according to appropriate state, federal and college regulations, policies and procedures.
- Actively participates in college-related committees and provides service to the College as required.
- Assists with load sheets when applicable.
- Assists with certifiers for staff.
- Provides service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of related work experience, or a combination of education and experience equal to 6 years.
Preferred: Experience in academic advisement, student development, curriculum development or project development and implementation.
Additional Requirements: Excellent communications and presentation skills; ability to deliver instructions for individual and in a group setting. Excellent computer skills (including MS Suite, Zoom, TEAMS, etc.). Experience with database creation and management. Organized and detail oriented.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to effectively handle confidential and proprietary information.
- Ability to expeditiously organize, coordinate, manage, prioritize and perform multiple tasks simultaneously to swiftly assess a situation.
- Ability to exhibit a professional, courteous demeanor.
- Adaptability to change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environments.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job. Able to effectively communicate information and ideas, speaking and writing in terms understandable to others.
- Independent Work – able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self motivate.
- Analytical Aptitude & Problem Solving - able to analyze information, problems, situations, practices and/or procedures, collect and interpret data, reason logically, establish facts, identify and define existing and potential issues, recognize the interrelationships among elements, draw valid conclusions, develop recommendations, as well as alternative courses of action, select appropriate course, follow up, and evaluate.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Critical Thinking & Judgement – able to make well-reasoned, sensible, and timely decisions based on careful, objective review and informed analysis of available information, consideration, and other factors.
- Leadership – has demonstrated success as an entrepreneurial, high energy, driven, hands-on leader. Possess expertise in selecting, training, developing, coaching, mentoring, and retaining a highly motivated workforce.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, and organize tasks related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Independent work - able to work independently with limited supervision and able to self motivate.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Systems & Software - proficient level of knowledge of Microsoft Office and/or relevant position software programs.
- Multi-Cultural – able to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
Application Process: All applicants must submit a completed online application, a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts to be considered for this position. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.
If you are a retiree of the Florida Retirement System (FRS), please check with the FRS on how your current benefits will be affected if you are re-employed with the State of Florida. Your current retirement benefits may be canceled, suspended or deemed ineligible depending upon the date of your retirement.
Santa Fe College (SF) is committed to maintaining a work and educational environment that embraces diversity and where no member of the college community is excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subject to discrimination in any college program or activity based on: their race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, sex, pregnancy status, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, political opinions or affiliations, or veteran status. This commitment applies to employees, volunteers, students, and, to the extent possible, to third parties, applicants for admission, applicants for employment, and the general public. http://www.sfcollege.edu/eaeo/
Inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies or concerns about discrimination or harassment, including concerns about sexual harassment or sexual violence under Title IX, should be directed to: email@example.com
Santa Fe College reserves the right to extend deadlines and/or not to offer advertised positions.
Preference will be given to eligible veterans and spouses of veterans.
*Please mention you saw this ad on DisabledInAcademia.*